How Do I Register?
You only need to register once with the NDSS. Follow these steps to register.
- Complete a registration form. Your GP may give you this form however a PDF version of this form be downloaded and printed out from the NDSS website. Access the NDSS Registration Form (external link).
- Have the registration form certified by a registered Australian medical practitioner such as your GP, endocrinologist or obstetrician, or by a credentialled diabetes educator.
- If you are under 15 years old, your primary guardian or carer must complete the ‘Guardian or carer’ section of the registration form.
- Keep a copy of the registration form for your records.
- Send the completed form to Diabetes WA via post or email.
PO Box 1699
Subiaco WA 6904
Email the Diabetes WA NDSS team.
NDSS registration does not expire for people registered with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. Women diagnosed with gestational diabetes during their pregnancy can register with the NDSS for 12 months.
The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) is an initiative of the Australian Government and is administered by Diabetes Australia. The NDSS agent in WA is Diabetes WA. Find out more about the NDSS at ndss.com.au or call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.