Type 2 diabetes self-management resource now available online.
MyDESMOND empowers people to confidently self-manage their type 2 diabetes in a way that suits their lifestyle.
Why join MyDESMOND
MyDESMOND recognises there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to diabetes management and will inform, inspire, and motivate you as you work towards making small changes that will have a big impact on your health.
- Includes short videos, learning sessions and interactive activities
- Will refresh or update your knowledge on type 2 diabetes, health, diet and exercise
- Helps you to understand the potential complications of type 2 diabetes
- Can be accessed and used on your computer, tablet or smartphone at any time that suits your lifestyle – available 24/7
- Lets you work through program at your own pace
- Assists you in managing your blood glucose levels
- Keeps a track of your HbA1c, blood pressure, cholesterol, weight and waist measurements
- Provides ongoing support and reference from Health Professionals and fellow community members
- Encourages you to set personalised goals
- Allows you to sync a FitBit, Google Fit or Garmin activity tracker to the program to help set targets and compete in challenges
- Tracks your steps or active minutes
- Lets you share stories and learn from other living with type 2 diabetes through the peer support chat form
- Allows you to invite your friends and family to support you on your journey
Please note that participants can self-register directly – a referral from a health professional is not essential.
To join the MyDESMOND pilot program, please complete the registration form.
Participants need to be registered on the NDSS, aged 18 or over, have a valid email address and access to a computer, tablet or smartphone.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.