National Diabetes Week 12 – 18 July
Diabetes distress is the emotional burden of living with and managing diabetes, and can be really difficult to deal with.
Diabetes distress can vary depending on a person’s individual circumstance, but it can include:
• Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of living with diabetes
• Feeling concerned that they’re ‘failing’ with diabetes management
• Worrying about the risks of long-term complications
• Feeling frustrated that they can’t manage their diabetes from one day to the next
• Feeling guilty when their diabetes management falls off course.
Read more about diabetes distress here: https://bit.ly/3f1VNr5
If you or someone you know is feeling overwhelmed by their diabetes management, feel free to call the @DiabetesWA helpline, 1300 001 880, to speak to a Credentialled Diabetes Educator. It is open Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.