Be part of our team
We employ some bright minds at Diabetes WA, and we are always on the lookout for more – whether they be employees, volunteers or fundraisers.
Our team is a dynamic group of individuals, dedicated to the cause of improving the lives of those affected by diabetes. For many of us, that cause is also a personal one. Almost half of us are affected by diabetes in some way, whether that be living with the condition or caring for a spouse or loved one with the condition.
Administration Officer – Prevention Programs
Diabetes WA is a leading not-for-profit health organisation, providing support, education and programs to thousands of Western Australians at risk of, or affected by, diabetes. The team at Diabetes WA is a dynamic group of individuals, working within a caring and empowering culture, dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by the condition.
Diabetes WA run a number of Prevention Initiatives, including workplace, group and individual programs that help people choose a healthy diet, get active and improve health.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced and self-motivated individual to provide high quality administrative and program support to the Prevention Manager based in our Subiaco office.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the Prevention Manager in the development of DWA program support plans.
- Engage with local health services, vetting the capacity of services to deliver prevention programs in selected locations.
- Working with DWA’s Communications & Marketing Division to develop community awareness of programs DWA prevention programs.
- Provide operational support for participant recruitment and retention.
- Ensure resources to support programs and services are available and provided.
- Extract data for analysis and reporting; and assist in the development of written reports as required.
This position is Part Time, 30 hours per week, which may be worked flexibly over 4 or 5 days. The role is a maximum term contract until 30 June, 2022. We are offering a competitive salary and a broad range of salary sacrifice options that can add further value to annual salaries, depending on individual tax circumstances. For more information on what we offer please visit our employee benefits webpage.
Ideal candidates will have (Selection Criteria):
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail;
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal, and engagement skills;
- A high degree of adaptability and flexibility to work across a range of tasks, teams, programs and services as directed;
- A commitment to continuous improvement;
- Professional integrity and ability to work well both unsupervised and in a team environment;
- Experience in managing databases – including creating fields, data entry, generating reports, auditing information, etc.;
- Experience in a similar role and/or experience in a related field (e.g. not-for-profit, health-sector).
If you are a team-player and a self-motivated individual looking for a hands-on role within a supportive team environment, please apply now by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria via seek.com.au.
Applications close at 5:00 pm on Monday 21 September 2020.
Please note Diabetes WA requires all employees provide a National Police Certificate and Working with Children Check (if applicable to position) upon commencement of employment.
Diabetes WA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. DWA encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CALD backgrounds and people living with disabilities.