Workshops and Services
Living with type 2 diabetes means learning to balance food intake with exercise, medications, other health conditions and life in general.
Learning what to monitor and when can help you to keep an eye on your overall health when living with diabetes.
A useful tool in this ongoing balancing act is your blood glucose monitor – it gives you important insights into how different food choices, behaviours or events will affect your blood glucose levels, and ultimately, your long-term health.
MonitorSmart is a short course that explores the how, when and why of using your blood glucose monitor, and which other health checks are recommended for you. The MonitorSmart course covers:
- how and when to perform a blood glucose check and how to use the results
- how to get meaningful results from a blood glucose check
- how to make finger pricking as painless as possible
- what target blood glucose levels are and why they are important
- what other health checks are important for managing diabetes.
By the end of the course, you will have the confidence to carry out accurate blood glucose checks and will know how to use the results to make informed lifestyle decisions.