Contact our team on 1300 001 880
- Natalie Jetta – Aboriginal Health Project Lead
- Kathryn Lemon – Aboriginal Health Coordinator
Contact your local AMS and ask for a diabetes telehealth appointment. You can refer yourself or a patient here
- Make better food choices and watch your diet
- Exercise Regularly
- Take care of your mind, take time out
- Alcohol is no good for you
Know your blood glucose levels
- If you have a machine at home, keep monitoring
- Check in with your doctor
Take your medication
- Keep taking your medications, as talked about with your doctor
- Have enough medication at home in case you need to isolate for two weeks
Information and Resources
Below are some of our most popular booklets, which can be printed out and downloaded.
Some of our most popular printed booklets adapted to suit Aboriginal people are Diabetes in Pregnancy, Exercise and Diabetes, Managing My Diabetes, Healthy Eating, and My Feet and Diabetes. If you would like to receive a printed copy, please send our Customer Service team an email.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or you have a question that isn’t answered here, call our Diabetes WA Helpline on 1300 001 880.