Healthy lifestyle programs
Supporting women previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes
Baby Steps supports women who have had gestational diabetes during pregnancy, to make healthy choices.
It is designed to empower women to implement lifestyle changes and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
You do not need to be registered with the NDSS to apply to join Baby Steps.
The Baby Steps program:
- includes short videos, learning sessions and interactive activities
- explores food choices, physical activity, stress and medications
- encourages you to set personalised goals
- can be accessed and used on your computer, tablet or smartphone via an internet connection at any time that suits your lifestyle—available 24/7
- allows you to sync a FitBit, Google Fit or Garmin activity tracker to the program to help set targets and compete in challenges
- tracks steps or active minutes
- keeps a track of blood pressure, cholesterol, weight and waist measurements
- ask a health professional any questions you may have
- lets you share stories and learn from other mums through the community support chat forum.
To join Baby Steps you need to:
- have been previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes—but are not currently pregnant
- be aged 18 years or older or are eligible to hold an Australian Medicare card
- have an email address
- have access to the internet.
The National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) is an initiative of the Australian Government and is administered by Diabetes Australia. The NDSS agent in WA is Diabetes WA. Find out more about the NDSS at ndss.com.au or call the NDSS Helpline on 1800 637 700.