Support Worker Training
Diabetes WA offer two-hour in-house Support Worker training as part of the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) Older People with Diabetes National Development Program.
A series of resources have been developed to support people working within the aged care sector. They can be found here. This training for Support Workers is to complement these resources.
The training is conducted at your workplace at a mutually convenient date and time.
Diabetes WA’s Support Worker training is suitable for:
- Support Workers
- Enrolled nurses
- Pharmacy assistants
- Aboriginal Health Workers
The training session covers diabetes basics including:
- Diabetes facts and figures
- What is diabetes?
- Signs and symptoms of diabetes and diagnosis
- Hypoglycaemia- signs and symptoms, causes and treatment
- Hyperglycaemia- signs and symptoms, causes and management
- BGL Monitoring
- Short term complications of diabetes
- Basic nutrition