Diabetes WA is thrilled to welcome national and international diabetes experts to our sunny shores!
The national annual conference is organised by the Australian Diabetes Society (ADS) and the Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA). This year’s program features dozens of state-of-the-art lectures, communication sessions and clinical and scientific educational symposiums.
The Diabetes WA team has a lot planned for the three-day event:
- Visit our dedicated booth to find out about our health professional training, DESMOND workshops, NDSS products and services and more.
- Listen to DWA Diabetes Educator and Dietitian Amanda Lee present her technology oral on “Diabetes Telehealth: Bridging gaps in diabetes services in rural Western Australia through innovative technology” on August 30.
- DWA’s Health Services Operations Manager Sophie McGough will chair the workshop “What Does Person Centred Care Really Looks Like in Practice (and what it doesn’t)?” with Professor Timothy Skinner on August 30.
- DWA Registered Nurse and Diabetes Educator Kylie Mahoney will present her self-management skills oral “DESMOND: Delivery of person centred care from the participant perspective” on August 31.
- DWA Diabetes Educator and Dietitian Diane Ledger will present her self-management skills oral “DESMOND: Self-management planning is the goal” on August 31.
- DWA Accredited Exercise Physiologist Marian Brennan will present her nutrition & exercise oral “Evaluation of a pilot group education workshop to reduce fear of exercise induced hypoglycaemia in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus” on August 31.
- Diabetes WA’s Health Services Manager Deborah Schofield presents with DA’s Helen Mitchell on the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-adaption of our DESMOND workshop on August 31.